Position Status: Casual/on-call
Hourly Rate: $23.92 per hour
About Courthouse Libraries BC
Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC) is seeking a casual/on-call Regional Library Assistant for our Victoria library.
CLBC is a province-wide independent not for profit society. Our vision is that everyone in BC has ready access to the legal information and resources they need. CLBC provides the legal community and public with legal resources, librarian expertise and informed referrals, to help people research and manage their legal issues.
We are looking for a team member to provide the best client support possible in a welcoming and inclusive environment in our Victoria branch. You will share the responsibility for the day to day functioning and maintenance of the library and be part of our province-wide Frontline Services team that serves clients throughout the province.
We offer a supportive workplace, where we value diversity and work-life balance. You will be scheduled for casual/on-call shifts. Work hours in our Victoria location are Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 4:00pm.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Serving the legal community and general public
• Providing the best customer support possible
• Working within a collaborative team in person and virtually via Zoom, MS Teams, etc.
• Responding to legal information questions in-person, via phone and e-mail
• Promoting library services, building relationships with clients and stakeholders, and supporting our public facing programs
• Contributing to the day to day operation and maintenance of the library (cleaning print collection, sanitizing IT equipment, receiving and sending mail, etc.)
• Assisting clients to find and use legal information using all available resources
• Providing document delivery, circulation and shelving duties and processing of library materials, maintaining client accounts
• Providing administrative support such as entering daily statistics and reporting
• Handling point of sale and cash transactions
What You’ll Need
• Completion of Grade 12
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Previous experience serving the public
• Ability to set boundaries, use good judgment, and willingness to ask for assistance and team support
• Ability to balance differing audiences and services
• Willingness and ability to learn to use new tools
• Good record-keeping skills and ease of use or learning of electronic products and tools.
• Interest in providing access to justice for all members of our community and a desire to incorporate anti-racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion practices in your work.
CLBC believes that a diverse team is necessary to do a good job of serving a diverse public. Lived experience as a member of an equity-seeking group is a preferred attribute.
How to Apply
Please apply at: Job Posting Regional Library Assistant Victoria
Please include in your cover letter how you meet the requirements of the position.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
If you are selected during this process, you will be required to:
• participate in an in-person, video and/or telephone interview
• complete satisfactory reference check
• show proof of two doses of Canadian-approved COVID19 vaccines
CLBC is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian Society, working together in an environment of equity, inclusion and respect. Persons from equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-declare.
We thank all who apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.