Chief Financial Officer, Courthouse Libraries BC
About Courthouse Libraries BC
CLBC’s vision is that everyone in BC has ready access to the legal information and resources they need. CLBC provides the legal community and public with legal resources, librarian expertise and informed referrals, to help people research and manage their legal issues.
CLBC is a non-profit organization that operates law libraries in 28 courthouse spaces and provides remote access to legal resources & library services to anyone in BC. The annual operating budget is $5.3 million. Primary funders/stakeholders are the Law Society of BC, the Law Foundation of BC and the Ministry of Attorney General.
About the CFO role
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO is a member of the senior management team and is accountable for planning, directing and overseeing all aspects of the Finance, Accounting, Human Resources & Administration functions within the organization.
We offer a dynamic and supportive workplace, where we value diversity and work-life balance.
- Providing financial leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives and opportunities
- Managing processes for planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting
- Financial reporting to Board of Directors, CEO, Management Team and funders
- Leading the process for developing annual funding request submissions and audit materials
- Leading the management of CLBC payroll and accounting applications and processes
- Directly supervising four full-time staff, and contractors as needed.
Requirements for the job
- Professional accounting designation, with a minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing people, and working collaboratively as part of a management team
- Experience in not-for-profit organizations and working with boards
- Excellent reputation for clear communication and leadership
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate ‘CFO-Vancouver’ in your email subject line.
Your cover letter should describe how you meet the requirements of the position. The deadline for applications is April 3, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
We thank all who apply, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.