Position Title: Library Assistant, Courthouse Libraries BC
Location: Fort St. John
Position Status: Part-time (one regular 6-hr shift per week in Fort St John, preferably Mondays).
Hourly Rate: $22.72
About Courthouse Libraries BC
Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC) is currently searching for a Library Assistant to staff our location in Fort St. John one day a week.
CLBC’s vision is that everyone in BC has ready access to the legal information and resources they need. CLBC provides the legal community and public with legal resources, librarian expertise and informed referrals, to help people research and manage their legal issues.
What You’ll Be Doing
- General maintenance of the library, including processing of materials, shelving books, and circulation duties.
- Making referrals to other resources.
- Assisting both public and lawyer clients with accessing computer-based information.
What You’ll Need
- Completion of Grade 12 is required.
- Formal library training or library experience is preferred. Candidates with legal training will also be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working as the only library employee in our Fort St. John location.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to assist both public and lawyer clients with computer-based research.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30lbs.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please indicate ‘Library Assistant – Fort St. John’ in the e-mail subject line.
Your cover letter should describe how you meet the requirements of the position. The deadline for applications is 5pm on January 22nd, 2021.
Courthouse Libraries BC is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian Society, working together in an environment of equity, inclusion and respect. Persons from equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply. We thank all who apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.