Outreach Librarian – Public Legal Education and Information focus, Courthouse Libraries BC
Full time term position to December 31, 2020 (Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
About Courthouse Libraries BC
Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC) is currently searching for a librarian to support our various programs that provide the public with access to legal information.
CLBC’s vision is that everyone in BC has the legal information they need and the ability to use it. CLBC connects the legal community and the public in BC with legal information and strives to equip our clients with the skills needed to use this information.
CLBC operates several programs that help us achieve this vision: LawMatters works with public libraries throughout BC, Clicklaw is a web resource for legal information and Clicklaw Wikibooks offers plain language legal publications aimed at the public.
We are looking for a team member with an understanding of public libraries and public legal education and information (PLEI) to provide support to the LawMatters program and online content management and technical assistance to our Clicklaw and Clicklaw Wikibooks websites. A significant part of this role is to work directly with public libraries to support their public legal information needs and questions.
We offer a dynamic and supportive workplace, where we value diversity and work-life balance. This is a full-time term position to December 31, 2020.
Please indicate in your cover letter the name of the position and focus area that you are applying for.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintaining information on Clicklaw and Clicklaw Wikibooks to keep website content current and relevant
- Maintaining existing relationships with Clicklaw and Clicklaw Wikibooks contributors and stakeholders and providing them with ongoing support and training
- Delivering training and support to public library staff on how to work with legal information resources targeted at a public audience
- Promoting CLBC programs, including speaking at events
- Working with the CLBC collections team to maintain knowledge and awareness of client trends and requests, and new resources
- Working collaboratively to create digital content and maintain social media accounts
- Providing information services to both the public and the legal community at the Courthouse Library
- Collecting and analyzing evaluation data and writing reports
What You’ll Need
- Master of Library and Information Studies from an ALA accredited university
- Knowledge of public libraries in BC
- Knowledge of PLEI in BC
- Strong knowledge of web content management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in person and online
- Experience with community engagement
- Ability to be flexible and work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel to Courthouse Library and public library locations across BC
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to assist a diverse community in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to master information sources and new technologies quickly
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com indicating which position you are applying for.
Your cover letter should describe how you meet the requirements of the position. The deadline for applications is March 31, 2019.
We thank all who apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment in the courthouse library system you must be prepared to undergo a criminal records check.