Position Title: Library Assistant, Courthouse Libraries BC
Location: Prince Rupert
Position Status: Part-time (one regular 6-hr shift per week in Prince Rupert, preferably Thursdays).
Hourly Rate: $22.90
About Courthouse Libraries BC
Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC) is currently searching for a Library Assistant to staff our location in Prince Rupert one day a week. We offer a supportive workplace, where we value diversity and work-life balance.
CLBC’s vision is that everyone in BC has ready access to the legal information and resources they need. CLBC provides the legal community and public with legal resources, librarian expertise and informed referrals, to help people research and manage their legal issues.
What You’ll Be Doing
- General maintenance of the library, including processing of materials, shelving books, and circulation duties.
- Making referrals to other resources.
- Assisting both public and lawyer clients with accessing computer-based information.
What You’ll Need
- Completion of Grade 12 is required.
- Formal library training or library experience is preferred. Candidates with legal training will also be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working as the only library employee in our Prince Rupert location.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to assist both public and lawyer clients with computer-based research.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30lbs.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
How to Apply
Please apply at: Local Library Assistant Prince Rupert
Your cover letter should describe how you meet the requirements of the position. The deadline for applications is 5pm on August 13th, 2021.