From July 13, 2020, Provincial Court of BC:
Chief Judge Gillespie has issued five updated notices today. Highlights are outlined below. Please note that while Provincial Court registries are now accepting all filings in-person, people are encouraged to use remote filing options, including email, to reduce the number of people in courthouses.
- Updates to Revised Notice to Profession and the Public NP 19 - COVID-19: Resumption of Court Operations (July 13, 2020)
- Notice to the Profession and the Public NP 22: Resuming In-Person Proceedings During COVID-19: Health & Safety Protocols (July 13, 2020) has been updated to reflect that court registries are now accepting all filings, including new ones and those made in-person. While court registries are open public listening stations are not currently available in court registries. Members of the public, including journalists who are not accredited, may be able to receive a copy of an audio CD in accordance with the Access to Court Records Policy.
- Notice to the Profession and the Public NP 21 - Guide to Remote Proceedings (telephone and video) has been updated to make it clear that the conversation in a case conference or pre-trial conference is private and confidential. Only parties and/or their lawyer should attend a conference and no-one else should be present, unless permitted by the judge. Meeting link or dial-in information should not be shared except with parties and their lawyers.
- Notice to the Profession and the Public NP 14 – Court Services Justices of the Peace Assignment of Duties has been amended with minor additions to the matters assigned to Court Services Justices of the Peace.
- Housekeeping changes to Notice to Accredited Media NM 01 - Media Access to Court Proceedings during the COVID-19 Pandemic
For more information, visit: provincialcourt.bc.ca