Name officially changed from Enquiry BC to Service BC on July 1, 2006. Government web pages are slowly being updated to reflect the name change.
Service BC provides:
- basic provincial government information;
- assistance in identifying the program or person that the caller needs to speak to;
- government program or government employee phone / facsimile numbers or addresses;
- assistance in identifying the level of government responsible for a program or services; and
- toll-free transfers for callers who would otherwise incur a cost for obtaining information from or conducting business with the provincial government