| Oct 27, 2016
This is the weekly look at one of the many valuable online legal information resources available when you visit the Courthouse Libraries of BC. Today we’re looking at the BC Creditors’ Remedies – An Annotated Guide.
Available as part of the CLEBC Practice Manuals collection, BC Creditors’ Remedies – An Annotated Guide, allows users to easily access cases, legislation, forms and precedents in the creditor-debtor area. Online access allows for easy keyword searching, while hyperlinks provide quick access to full text case law and legislation.
This collection should provide users with clear, practical explanations of how to commence an action, how to handle prejudgment collections, and how to use execution proceedings effectively.
Some highlights include:
- model discharge order for receiver or receiver-manager
- administrative notice for proceedings before a registrar in bankruptcy—standard order; discharge terms
- place of examination of a foreign debtor
- summary trial for fraudulent transaction cases: SCC endorsement of summary processes
- enforcement by band creditor against debtor’s right of possession of reserve lands
- Indian child support enforcement against property located on reserve
- BCCA: no equitable overriding of PPSA priority scheme; overturning BCSC cases on release of garnishing order; ruling on charitable “sham trust”
When you are next in the library performing research or borrowing material, don’t forget to explore the resources online and check back here every week, to learn more about the electronic resources available on-site at any location of Courthouse Libraries BC.