Thank you for thinking of us!
We are only able to accept unrestricted gifts and donations if we have a gap and the materials meet the selection criteria outlined in the collection development policy. We maintain a wish list of items we are looking to add to our collection which can be viewed below.
- Provincial, Federal, and British Legislation in good condition
- annotated Acts from within the last 3 - 5 years
- loose-leaf titles that have been updated within the last 5 - 10 years
- Acts of New Brunswick
- Acts of the Legislature of the Province of Manitoba
- The Alberta Gazette. Part 2
- [Bills : 1st reading] / the House of Commons of Canada
- Black's law dictionary.
- The British Columbia Gazette. Part 1
- The Canada Gazette. Part 2
- The Law Reports. High Court of Admiralty, and Ecclesiastical Courts
- A collection of the public general statutes : passed in the ... year of the reign of ... : being the ... session of the ... Parliament of Great Britain.
- The Commonwealth Law Reports; Cases Determined in the High Court of Australia.
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
- The Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents.
- The English Reports
- Family Trusts for Tax and Estate Planning: How to Set Up Your Own to Save Money and Protect Your Estate
- Glossary of Maritime Law Terms
- Halsbury's Laws of England
- The Irish reports (common law series), published under control of the Council of Law Reporting in Ireland, containing reports of cases argued and determined in the superior courts in Ireland.
- The Irish reports, containing reports of cases determined in the High Court and in the Court of Criminal Appeal and in the Supreme Court. v. 1- ; 1894-
- The Irish reports (equity series), published under the control of the Council of law reporting in Ireland, containing reports of cases argued and determined in the superior courts in Ireland [1867-1878] / Ed. by George A. C. May.
- The Law reports (Ireland) ... containing reports of cases argued and determined in the Court of appeal, the High court of justice, the Court of bankruptcy, in Ireland, and the Irish land commission ... v. 1-32; 1878-1893.
- The law times.
- The Law times reports of cases decided in the House of Lords, the Privy Council, the Court of Appeal, the Chancery Division, the King's Bench Division, the Probate, Divorce and Admiralty Division, the Chancery Division in bankruptcy, the Court of Criminal Appeal, and the Railway and Canal Commission Court.
- The laws of England : being a statement of the whole law of England / by the Earl of Halsbury ... and other lawyers.
- Lloyd's law reports.
- Lloyd's list law reports.
- Organizing to govern.
- Revised statutes of Canada, 1985 : Concordance = Concordance : lois révisées du Canada (1985).
- The statutes at large from the Magna Charta, to the end of the eleventh Parliament of Great Britain, anno 1761 [continued to 1806] ... By Danby Pickering.
- The statutes of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- The Verdict.
- Case law report series
- American legislation and case law series
- material not in the official Canadian languages
Things to keep in mind when you donate:
- we reserve the right to discard donated items at any point
- if we are unable to inspect the material prior to donation, we would like photographs
- we do not provide tax receipts for donated items
- ideally, accepted donations would be delivered to a CLBC branch
- we can not accept mouldy or damaged materials
Contact us to discuss your donation further: firstname.lastname@example.org